I haven’t done much in the past few days due to all the rain we have had. It was humid, rainy, damp and down right yucky. I had a headache for 2 days. But as you can see my beans were very happy I just planted them last weekend and they are already up and growing strong! I am very lucky because I started them very late this year.
I am really concentrating on budgeting now that I have written down everything I have bought. I am going to do my best to eat from the pantry, farmer’s market and garden in July and August. I have a lot of food in my pantry that I have been stocking up so I will have plenty to choose from.
I have put together my baby item list and registry and hopefully will go shopping with my mom soon. We got a great deal on the crib/changing table so that helps. I am trying to get most things used and go with simple space-saving items since babies grow so quickly and I don’t have room in my house for a lot of things anyway.
Keep your fingers crossed that the baby’s room is done by the end of July so I have somewhere to put this baby stuff!
I have just spent 2 days making jam with my mom. It has been great fun although a little tiring and hot. We made your basic strawberry jam (without a lot of sugar) and strawberry lemon marmalade from a recipe from the Ball Canning book. I wanted to make strawberry rhubarb pie filling and can that also but apparently you need a special starch to do it safely which we did not have. We did make strawberry rhubarb pie though and it is delicious.
I need to work a list of things to accomplish this week. I have so much to do and don’t really know where to start. I still have to keep the kitchen cleaning and house cleaning on my list everyday to remind myself that this needs to get done first. It is not my favorite thing but I feel so much better when it is all clean.
I am hoping I can sew more bibs for the baby and burp cloths. I need to make a list of the things I still need for the nursery.
The next few weeks are going to be busy with the DH doing extra work and 4th of July vacationing I want to try and get some projects finished so they are not waiting for me when I get back from our long weekend.
The garden is finally all planted so that is a big relief. I am not sure how everything is going to do but we have had a good mix of rain and sun so hopefully the plants will thrive.
I have been busy in the home lately getting ready for baby, cleaning, baking and gardening.
1. Finished 5 bibs made from my husband old shirts and some velcro. I still have 1 more to finish sewing I ran out of thread in the middle of it and haven’t had time to finish it.
2. Baked blueberry muffins (these were not so great) and some blueberry coffee cake which turned out to be very tasty. I like to bake but I wish I knew how the recipes would come out before I made them I hate wasting money on food.
3. Started a budget and I am writing down everything I have purchased for this month so I can get an idea of any wasteful spending. I already know I eat too much out of the house and have to remember to bring a snack with me when I go shopping since baby and I get hungry every 2 hours.
4. Concentrating on more dog training with Brownie so she will be ready for when the baby comes. Monkey will be fine she does her own thing and will be curious about baby but won’t accidently jump on him/her.
5. Purchased all my seedlings and hope to be finished planting by the end of this week. DH tilled down by the creek so I will be able to put in all my big squash plants and maybe some sunflowers.
6. Almost finished with my bedroom which was a giant mess once we get the rug out of there and figure out what to do with the floor maybe we can finally sleep up there instead of the small bedroom downstairs.
7. Kept the kitchen in a relatively clean state which is such a relief and makes it much easier to cook in.
I have much more to do and I am looking forward to having the time to finish it before the baby comes.